Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Do I need to check with Dentist for my son ?

My son is already 7 year old, but still his teeth has not fallen. All his classmates have already got the permanent teeth. Do i need to check Dentist. Can thedentist remove this teeth if it does not fall?
Mon, 19 Aug 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

It is not necessary that all the children shed their milk teeth at the same time individual variations can be seen, you can wait for some more time.

You can consult to an Pedodontist and get the checkup done, take an OPG radiograph to look for the position of the permanent errupting teeth.
There is no need to get the milk teeth removed as they will shed by themselves when the permanent teeth errupt.

Hope this helps out,

I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014

I went through the details with diligence. I thank you for providing me a detailed account of your problem.

Around age 7 a child exchanges the upper two front baby teeth for their adult teeth. This may occur earlier or later in life and is related to the time that the very first baby tooth erupts into the mouth, that is, the earlier the first baby tooth erupts, the earlier the first adult tooth erupts.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative.
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response

Welcome to healthcaremagic.

Usually,at the age of 7-8 years,the deciduous upper and lower incisors has to be shed and permanent successor has to be erupted.

Delayed shedding can lead to improper or labial eruption of permanent successor.

So,i would advice you to get a clinical evaluation by a dentist.

Retained deciduous teeth can be extracted by the help of dentist to enhance eruption of permanent successor.

Hope this helps.
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Pedodontics Dr. Amitabha Chakraborty's  Response
Welcome to HCM forum. It is true that the ideal age for shedding of front upper teeth is AROUND 7 years. Did you notice the front lower teeth? It supposed to come out at the age AROUND 6+. Now, this is not an absolutely fixed time. its a time range. Six to eight months delay is considered normal timing of eruption. There are many factors may also cause further delay up to 8 years or more. The important part is that generally this kind of delay in eruption of all the permanent teeth does not cause a major problem in occlusion or look unless it is affected by other factors. One more thing, no medicine or procedure can make the eruption time faster. The teeth will erupt in its own time. DONT WORRY. You visit your dentist accordingly, no emergency. He will mostly take a full mouth radiograph called OPG, and can tell you the state of the permanent teeth. If your child is otherwise normal in all activity, the teeth will erupt in its own time..Don't worry unnecessarily...
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

  User's Response
dentist will remove only if infected or diseased, why to put the child to dentist surgery in that small mouth. it will fall wait and new teeth will come. wait for few more days.
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
dont panic and wait for some more time as its not necessary that all children should shed their milk teeth at same age. Visit your dentist and get an OPG done so as he can assess the condition of unerupted permanent teeth.
take care.
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
wait for some more time it is not necessary that all children should shed their milk teeth at same age , they can vary and delay. if permanent tooth erupts before milk teeth sheds then you should go to a dentist and remove the milk teeth. take care. happy smile.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Donot worry it will take time and is quite change in different children. Or you can consult a dentist
  Anonymous's Response

yes. there are treatment available with dentists for this i have heard. dont delay any more.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor