Suggest remedies for improper placement of teeth in 10 year old girl

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Thu, 11 Aug 2016 in Dental Health
Question: sir would like to consult orthodentist for teeth problem for my daughter aged 10 years, Her teeth picture was uploaded as attaced image. Please go through this, Local doctor suggested make clip for this .

My daughter name is : XXXXX
AGE : 10 YEARS
HER TEETH WAS NOT PROPER AAND NOT IN ORDER , THE PICTURE WAS ATTACHED, DO WE NEED TO TAKE CLIP TO MAINTAIN PROPER ORDER IN HER TEETH. PLEASE SUGGEST AND GUIDE
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait till the age of 12-13 years..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

As per your query and evaluation of the OPG attached I can see that her permanent teeth are at the developmental stage and her deciduous teeth [milk teeth] have not yet fallen but gradually the roots of the milk teeth are resorbing and the teeth will fall out soon and the permanent teeth will erupt..

Although it is good that you are aware of her dental health and have got the screening done but as of now it would be too early to proceed for Orthodontic treatment and you should wait for atleast another 2 years till her permanent teeth will erupt..

Many a times as the permanent teeth starts erupting and also jaw growth continues the teeth comes in the proper alignment and no treatment is needed..
So my suggestion is to wait and watch..

Once the permanent teeth will erupt then you can consult an Orthodontist and get her evaluated and then if needed teeth can be aligned..

Any further queries are welcome..

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 21 minutes later
Thank you for your reply madam, I am extremly happy by seeing your suggestions. I hope it is better to make treatment only after permanent teeth comes. Can I drop the suggestion by local doctor to make clip for proper alignment of her teeth. Please reply.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

Yes, you can wait till her permanent teeth erupt and then better consult an Orthodontist and get treatment as needful.

If you still have any doubt you can consult an Orthodontist now and get your daughter evaluated but he/she will also advise you to get treatment done once permanent teeth erupts..

Regards.