What is the time of eruption of permanent upper and lower teeth?

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 in Dental Health
Question: My son who is 8 years & two months, only three teeth have fallen out.
Is it something to worry about?
In general he is a very healthy kid, and no issues in chewing or anything related to teeth. However, since milk teeth are not falling, the gap between teeth is increasing.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not to be worried

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for consulting healthcare magic

This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query .

Read your query ,understand your concern as your child is 8 years old dont be worried so much eruption age for permanent teeth in oral cavity is 6 to 14 years for anterior and posterior teeth , but time of eruption of permanent upper and lower central incisor is 6 to 8 years make sure they have erupted.

As you are asking about gap is increasing in between teeth see what happened is your child is in mixed dentition stage means in oral cavity both permanent and primary teeth are present so in this stage growth of jaw bone and muscle occur to provide space for permanent teeth and guide then in correct position .

Can you attach a report (image) of permanent tooth erupted and gap in between teeth that will be more helpful for me to arrive at conclusion .

Based on detail provided if permanent upper and lower central incisors are erupted then no treatment is required .

Awating picture to comment further .

Hope I have answered your query .
If you have further query I will be happy to help.

Regards ,
Dr. Priyanka tiwari

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply :).

Attaching photos in reports section.
So far only 3 teeth have fallen and all from lower part.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
upper central incisors 7 -8 years

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX ,

Welcome again

I have seen that reports you have attached as far as I have observed in image lower central incisors are fine your son had no problem in lower incisors but as far I have observed upper central incisors are deciduous teeth and upper left cental incisor there is initial proximal caries and tooth is slightly rotated.

For upper central incisor you have to consult oral surgeon (Pedodontist) and go for visual examination of upper central teeth if needed go for investigations Intra oral periapical radiograph for examination of tooth bud of permanent incisors if it is deciduous teeth .

As time of eruption of permanent upper central incisor is 7 -8 year , since your child is 8 years you have to pay attention on your sons upper teeth if they are primary incisors .

Hope I have answered your query ,
If you have further query feel free to ask , if will be happy to help.

Dr. Priyanka tiwari