Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Dizziness on standing. Underwent valve replacement surgery. Symptom relief measures?

Yes this is about my uncle he is 78 and about a year ago he had open heart surgery to replace a valve now he is having system where he passing out when standing up or he gets real dizzy he has his blood token every other week but still he still has the system. He don't want to go back to the doctor what should I do for him I am his nephew
and he live alone at home.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

He ought to see a doctor! There is no alternative…
He needs examination / and probably investigation...

It may be from postural hypo-tension.. Did you check the BP – standing and lying?
It can be from anaemia – what is his haemoglobin?
EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring – for arrhythmia) / ECHOcardiogram (for clot) / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG – for ischemia) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
If there are no clues, he should be followed up by a neurologist. / MRI may be needed. MRA (MRI angiography) shows blood vessels and is generally done at the same sitting.

Take care     
Wishing all well
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor