Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in hearing loud noises, no improvement with hearing aids. Is it curable with surgery?

Hello Doctor, My sister has hearing problem. She cannot hear loud sounds. She can hear, if a person speaks normally or moderately. She has been experiencing it from Xth standard. Now, she is pursuing graduation. She could hear the voice properly many a times of the person, whom she knows and talk frequently. She tried with hearing aids , but, she felt that, she could hear more clearly without it. Kindly help. Is there any surgery for it. Tell us, if you know some good ENT specialists in Bangalore, India for diagnosing it.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Can you please upload the audiological results of your sister and let me know if she had any accidental injury to her ear , or if she has been on any chronic medications or has any other medical condition and whether anyone else in the family has similar problems.. Please let me know these so that i am in a better position to help you!
Answered: Mon, 24 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor