Diet for lower cholesterol

What foods lower cholesterol ?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
red rice http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-yeast-rice/NS_patient-redyeast

What kind of food can I eat to lower my cholesterol ?

What do I eat to lower my cholesterol ?

My husband was just told his cholesterol is over 400! What are the best foods to eat to lower it ?

Recent questions on  Low-density lipoprotein

Good day sir. I have high level of uric acid and high levels of liver blood enzyme results for both the SGOT and SGPT . I am taking Godex ds(once a day) and Cenovis fish oil (once a day). Do these medicines have no complication on each other? Sir, I have also a high of level of bad cholesterol on my blood that s why I take Cenovis fish oil.

Dr. I have bilateral swelling of the feet. Abdominal ultrasonography result say Liver normal in size and shows bright homogenous echotexture. No evidence of solid or cystic masses Intraheptic biliary radicles appears normal Gall bladder is normal.No evidence of gall stones. Pancreas is normal in size and echotexture Spleen is normal in size and echotexture Both kidneys are normal in size and echotexture with normal parenchymal thickness and normal collecting system. No evidence of renal calculus or hydronephrosis or focal lesion. Urinary bladder is normal. No evidence of calculus. Prostrate is normal in size and echotexture. No free fluid in thev pelvis. Blood test: Cholestrol 191 mg/dl Triglycerides 180 mg/dl HDL cholestrol 42 mg/dl, LDL cholestrol 113 mg/dl VLDL cholestrol 36 mg/dl, T-CHOL./HDL-CHOL 4.5 mg/dl LDL-chol / HDL chol 2.6 mg/dl, Urea 26 mg/dl, Creatinine 1.1 mg/dl Billirubin total 1.1 mg/dl, Billirubin direct 0.4 mg/dl, Billirubin indirect 0.7 mg/dl, SGPT 180 IU/L & urine analysis is also normal. Kindly advise what could be the reason for the same.

Im suffering from salivery glands swelling since 2 months but not much visible but blocked ears and difficulty in swollowing is making me with short breath as if with high pulse. Im having slight. Cholesterol means 111 LDL and 45 hdl but total cholesterol is 184. In having sodium and bicarbonate electrolytes also low. I don t know what s the reason of this disorder of salivery glands. Im 38 years old female and not an over weight person. But now suffering

I need help in analyse test report of Lipid profile . 1) Serum Cholesterol - 136 mg/dl 2) Serum Triglyceride - 124 mg/dl 3) S. HDL Cholesterol - 31 mg/dl 4) S. LDL Cholesterol - 80.2 mg/dl 5) S. VLDL Cholesterol - 24.8 mg/dl 6) LDL/HDL Ratio -...

I feel, often in the presence of my wife (but not only) since 2 weeks of very slight palpitations. At first, I thought it was because she was enjoying herself to me that we a third child which considering our relationship not fully harmonious...

I have recently had a bypass surgery . Right now I have been advised Rosuvas 10 tablets once a day for lifelong. My recent Liver profile test has reported SGPT(ALT) as 42.6 and GAMMA GT as 142.3. Is this any indication of a liver problem or a side...