Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Diagonised with stress induced diabetes. On insulina and NPH. How to regulate the sugar level?

I have been diagnosed with a peculiar kind of diabetes which is stress induced. My levels of glucose rose beyond 600 and since then i m on insulin R and NPH. I unable to regulate my sugar. I had been advised to take galvusmit along with 80 units of insulin pre meal and post in case of NPH. Pls advice how to regulate my sugar under 200. currently its ranges from 100- 500
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
Aug 2012

Your sugar which needs insulin for the treatment needs attention to something called insulin kinetics. This means you must eat and exercise physically matching to your insulin doses or vice-a-versa. The dietitian prescribed general diet might not be right for you as your insulin therapy is basal bolus pattern. You might need diet precisely meant for your insulin doses where your intake of food is matched with insulin doses and then you'll not see any major fluctuations in the sugar levels. If your doctor has some diabetes educator who can do this please ask them precisely for insulin- carbohydrate matched diet or change your Diabeologist who can help you in this.

I hope you got an brief idea what you need to do. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor