Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with prolapsed disc, facet joint hypertrophy. Severe back pain. Relief with dihydrocodeine pain killers

Dear Dr Grief Iam 66, quite fit, 5 8 tall and I weigh 168 pounds. I have had two MRI Scans and diagnosed with a prolapsed L5 Disc and facet joint hypertrophy . I have severe back pain in varying degrees for 5 years. I have had: - 2x lumbar epidurals and 2 lots of radio denervation, vast amounts of physiotherapy, osteopathy , acupunctiure, exercise, chiropractor, pilates , pain classes and tens. These have had little effect. The most significant help is taking dihydrocodeine pain killers. What can I do to fix it?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
It sounds as though you have tried all the conservative treatments available. Perhaps you should see an orthopedic surgeon for advice on whether surgery may something to offer you.
Answered: Sat, 25 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor