Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with gall bladder polyps, right-sided pain. HIDA scan scheduled. Cure?

Hey I am a 16 year old female who weights about 133 and is 5 5. I have been having right side pain and my doctor told me i had gallbladder polyps, and thickening wall:) But they sent me for a hida scan.. And i havent found the news yet.. if it turns out to be normal will i have to still have it moved cause of the polyps?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

A HIDA scan is an imaging procedure that helps track the production and flow of bile from your liver to your small intestine. You must have been advised this to see if there is any obstruction to the bile flow due to the polyps. However, the decision for surgery will depend on the severity of the symptoms and how much of dysfunction they are causing you. So, please discuss this in detail with your doctor and make an informed decision.

Best wishes,
Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor