Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with chronic tear of cranial third of the anterior cruciate ligament. What are treatment options?

Hello doctor,
I m 50 yrs old male and hv been diagnosed with chronic tear of the cranial third of the anterior cruciate ligament,with 12.1mm anterior tibiofemoral translation
Mensical deficiency in the innner. 2/3rd of the body and. Posterior horn medial meniscus without visalization of a mensical flap fragment suspicious for meniscectomy
Mensical defi maleciency. In the posterior horn lateral meniscus
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The chronic tear of the ligament if it involves more than 2/3 rd of the thickness of the ligament then surgical treatment should be considered. Otherwise conservative treatment may be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor