Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with C.R.E.S.T. syndrome, pulmonary hypertension. Treatment?

I am a 72 year old female who has recently been diagnosed with C.R.E.S.T. syndrome. I suspect I have had this disease for many years. I saw many doctors, but none could give me a diagnosis until I saw my present rheumatologist about 7 months ago. She had a diagnosis for me after the second visit.. Thank you for any helpful suggestions. I have pulmonary hypertension, recently diagnosed by a pulmonologist.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Dear Madam!

CREST Syndrome is quite rare disease. and the fact is that there is no CURE for the disease but there is symptomatic treatment for the disease. CURE means totaly eradicating the disease while symptomatic treatment means just treat the problems that are caused by the disease. However we can decrease the progression of disease and make it slow down.

CREST is actualy = Calcinosis+Raynaud phenomenon+ Esophageal dysmotality+ Sclerdactyly+ Telangiectesia + Pulonary Hypertension. The cause of this disease that the immunue system of your blood which fights germs is now fighting against your own body. Your own army is now rebellion.

By taking Immuno-suppression drugs we can slow down the progression of disease. Immuno-suppression drugs actually suppress your rebellion immune system which is fighting against your own body. but by making your own army weak you will be more prone to get infection. but don't worry much about that we have may antibiotics drugs which can kill those germs. lets deal your own army first :)

In addition for your Pulmonary Hypertension you have to take some drugs. for some patients a drug group call Calcium channel blockers works but for other patients we prescribe Vigara ( yes the same Viagra ) and other drugs. just consult a good cardiologist or pulmonologist for Pulmonary hypertension because not treating it properly can cause heart failure. so be quick and lets kill this pulmonary hypertenion ASAP.

Answered: Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor