Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Diabetic, pregnant, suffering from body pain, cold. Taking metformin, januvia, glimipride. How to get medical attention?

Hello Doctor, My wife aged 26 years was suffering from sever body pain and cough for past two days. She is diabetic for 4 years from now and got it when she was pregnant. She is taking metformin , januvia, glimipiride daily. Since I am new to US, I want to know how to get medical attention for body pain and cough for my wife. Should I consider this as emergency (or) which doctor I should consult. Thanks Krishna Baluswami
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
You should consult a primary care physician first and foremost, who would evaluate your wife, and then refer you accordingly to a specialist.
I do not think there is any indication for an emergency visit.
You could take an OTC ( over the counter ) cough syrup and painkiller for her meanwhile.
Please schedule an appointment with your primary care physician.
take care.
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor