Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Diabetes under control, have shoulder pain, MRI done, advised arthroscope operation. Is there any other alternative?

My name is venkata rao, i am having shoulder pain, age 52 years, diabetic (under control). i underwent MRI . The report shows evidence of full thickness tear involving the supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendon swith retraction of the muscle and fluid extending through defect int the subacromion bursa . The doctor suggested me to undergo arthroscope operation, but i want to know whether there is any alternate treatement without undergoing treatement. My email id is YYYY@YYYY . Can any body help me to find out any alternate treatement
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
There is no other alternative as rotator cuff tear need to be operated and there is no other solution except the surgery. You need not to afraid as arthroscopic surgery is key hole surgery and there is no need to do any bed rest and also incision is very small.
I would recommend you to get this surgery and you will be fine soon. Delaying this procedure will cause bed result.
Answered: Fri, 20 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor