Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Developed cataract in the eye, do not want to undergo operation. Is there any medicine?

Respected Dr.John Meyer,Good Morning,I want to know if there is any medicine to stop or remove cataract from eye,treating Doctor say that cataract is deeloping in your eye and has prescribed eye drop mediphakol(cytochrome-c,sodium succinate, adenosine ,niacinamide,sorbitol)as I want its solution without operation.Please advice me.Thanks.M.A.Kaleem
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM

I am taking the privilege to answer your question. I hope its of help to you.
Cataract is a degenerative condition of the lens in which the transparency of the lens is lost and it becomes opaque.
Surgery is the treatment of choice.
Now-a-days very good options for surgery are available in which the surgical scar is minimal and post operative trauma is also very less. Infact at some centres laser is being used. This technique is called phacoemulsification. It also offers the advantages of rapid wound healing, short recovery period and early stabilization of the refractive error. However, get it done from an opthalmologist who is well versed with the technique as this technique is difficult to master.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor