Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Cyst behind ear that oozed with pus and blood on piercing. Any ideas?

i have a cyst-like skin blemish behind my ear. it is positioned at the point where my ear meets my head. it is about the size of a nickel and slightly redder than the surrounding skin. i accidentally punctured the cyst with a sharp piercing earring today and blood and a bit of yellowish puss oozed out and the blemish decreased slightly in size. any idea what this might be?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
It could be an Infected sebaceous cyst.Redness is due to inflammation.Please take a good Antibiotic like Cefpodoxime and also anti inflammatory drug.If all the contents along with cyst wall have come out after piercing ,it will get subsided after the above treatment.
Or else you should get it removed once the redness and the Pus has come down.
Nothing to worry
Wish you speedy recovery
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor