Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Could this be some sort of brain damage ?

I took my entire script of dilantin ( 90-100mg tabs ) at once back in feb. I was in the hospital for weeks before i could walk again. Now several months later i still have no balance. I walk into walls fall over furniture and get dizzy and sick if i move around too much as if i were drunk but i dont drink or do drugs and have not taken meds since i got out of the hospital. Could this be some sort of brain damage ? Is this permanent? I really need to see a doctor but i cant get any help i dont know what to do. Thank you for your time, Bob
Fri, 4 Sep 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  Anonymous's Response
Hi Bob. An uncle of mine has balance disorder. Doctor has given instructions for him to avoid falls and injury, so someone always needs to accompany him when he goes out. At home, they have removed all such furniture over which he could trip. His condition cannot be cured. Only a physician can tell whether ure condition is permanent. Why dont u see one? perhaps the earlier you act the better your chances of recovery.
  User's Response
thanks for your reply, I have been trying to get help to see a doctor. I have made call after call left messages, sat on hold for hours only to be hung up on. When i get off here i will be back on the phone trying to get ahold of someone again. That is why i finally just started looking for some kind of answer or something on here.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor