Can Eptoin 100mg cause drowsiness in a child?
my child baby boy has taken 100 mg eptoin tablet(two tablets) accidentally ,my child have 2 years 10 months aged and he have 12 Kg weight ,after three hours we recognized child has taking sluury and drowsy,immediately we went to hospital and doctor check my child and told after 48 hours he was ok and no problem at all
and my child not stady well he walk based on my support what we can do? any problem please your valueble suggition.
No need to worry. Wait for the drug to be cleared out of his system.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that at the given dose eptoin (phenytoin) is not toxic or lethal. So, you need not worry. However, phenytoin can make the child drowsy, slightly disoriented or extremely sleepy. These are not concerning and all you need to do is to wait for the drug to be cleared out of his systems. If there is a scope, all you need to do is to give him plenty of water to drink. Nothing else needs to be done.
He might not be steady during the next couple of days. It is better to keep him at rest. However, if he regains activity, he is free to go about with his regular activities.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever