What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?

Question
I woke up last Thursday and was disoriented and my head felt like it had pressure in it and I was a little unstable when I walked. Since then it has subsided a little but whenever I eat anything it accelerates it sometimes. I take 800 mg of Phenytoin daily for seizures. When I sit down it seems to help.
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Eni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Low blood tension

Detailed Answer:
Dear Patient,
Thankyou for posting your question.

I read it and I do understand your concern.
Related to how you prescribed and considering your health data, I think your symptoms are part of a blood hypotension situation. This happens for many reasons, but the most common is because of not drinking enough water. In your case I guess that it may be because of a disbalance of electrolites.
I do suggest that you measure your blood tension daily , three times a day for seven consequent days, and then if it is abnormal then you need to do some cardiac and blood tension examinations.

Meanwhile, I do advice that you eat a healthy diet with more fruits and more fibers. Consider drinking fresh juice fruits, or at least 1,5 liter water per day.

Consider walking minimum 1 hour per day in a park also, this will increase your inner wellbeing.

I hope my advices will help,

I wish you a fast relief,
Dr. Eni Manoku