Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Constipation, fever, dry bowl, not interested in eating

Hi, I have a 14 month old baby. He has been very constipated lately. He has been running a fever for the last two days and when he finally had a bowel, it came out very dry, and also powder-like. As if it were really old. Should I be alarmed. He has not been wanting to eat or drink much lately. I pretty much force him what I can. Should I take him to the emergency room?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
When there is fever, it has some source I.e some infection. That needs to be found out and that can be done through physical examination. So you would better take your child to the doctor.
Till then you can give acetaminophen syrup in case if fever. Give a tea spoon of lactulose syrup two to three times per day for constipation.
Hope it helps. You can get back to me for any query.
Best of luck for your baby and you too.
Answered: Fri, 4 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor