Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Consistent dry scaly patch on cheek for years, gets raw,peels off and recurs. Cure?

Have had a dry scaly patch on my left butt cheek for 2 years. Every few weeks you can peel a layer of dead skin (I believe it s dead skin anyway) off the patch. The area will be come raw to the touch and then scales back over. The patch is about the size of a nickel. Has not really grown in size. It is noticeably darker in color (picture a bruise but not more red than deep purple in color). What can I use to treat this to make it go away?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  312
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi drear happy new year, this can be a case of nummular eczema ( coin like eczema). its a chronic condition and need treatment for a longer duration. i would advice u oint betagent once a day for 15 days, followed by oint fluticasone for another 15 days. and please dont peel off the skin let it come out on its own.
Answered: Tue, 1 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor