Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Congestive heart failure symptoms

My brother-in-law diagnosed with conjestive heart failure on 6-29- at ER, they gave him? some kind of shot because of the extreme edema in his legs and feet and wanted him to stay in hospital, he refused ( from old school if you can t pay don t do it) ANyway, on Friday he went to his regular doctor who prescribed a pill to eliminate the liquids from lungs I think, its not working, Today, I am very concerned his legs and feet are very swolllen, he is vomiting blood and will not go to ER, insists on waiting until his dr. appt. on Friday. Can someone call an ambulance for someoone else even if they refuse to go to the hospital, I know he won tlet the paramedics take him.......Just so worried and don t know what to do. He is 77 yrs. old and such an wonderful person. He also won t apply for medicare, I am pretty sure he would qualify. No, he doesn t drink alcohol now, he quit about 20 years ago, but was a heavy drinker at that time. I CANNOT POSSIBLY DECIDE A BEST ANSWER THERE ARE TOO MANY. I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU THAT TOOK THE TIME TO ANSWER MY VERY SERIOUS QUESTION, SO LET THE VOTING BEGIN.....
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Unfortunately, without adequately diagnosing him, it makes treating him very difficult. I would stress to your brother-in-law that going to his doctor is suboptimal. His doctor is just putting a bandage on this situation probably because by ordering test and the likes would be too costly especially if your BIL is self-pay. Try to convince him to go to the ER and get himself admitted. Once he is in the hospital the social workers and discharge planners will help him apply for Medi-care. Remind your BIL that Medi-care is not charity because he paid into it. You might also check if he has any veteran benefits which definitely will defray all cost. While in the hospital, all the necessary test can be done and treat properly instituted. By just treating CHF with lasix is substandard care. I'm not clear why he is vomitting blood. Does he drink?
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor