Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Cholesteatoma of left ear, from childhood, no permanent treatment found. Please suggest treatment details?

Dear Sir/Madam, I, Paul Gonsalves, 51years of age, hailing from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, suffering from CHOLESTEATOMA of my left ear only right from my childhood days, but couldn’t find a proper treatment and a permanent solution for it. Cholesteatoma is a serious condition and, when diagnosed, requires prompt treatment. I am looking for a Medical treatment that concentrates on drying the infection within the ear. ... if the treatment is available at your end please send me the following information: 1. Total cost of the treatment 2. Mode of payment 3. When can I take the Appointment? 4. Duration of the CHOLESTEATOMA treatment(Package) of my left ear only? 5. Address & name of the hospital 6. Contact number 7. Working hours Thanking you in anticipation.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi Mr paul
welcome to healthcaremagic

its good that you seem to know about the disease, its process and the required modality of treatment, inspite of which you seem to be searching for a conservative medical line of management.

to be frank, cholesteatomatous ear disease is like sitting on bomb whose complications are lifethreatening or would leave around a sequelae of brain defects.

if you do not want a surgery get a punctual and regular checkup as advised by an ENT surgeon nearby to your locality so as to asess the progression and to forewarn about impending complications

keep us posted
Answered: Mon, 21 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Yes. Most probably you can get your left ear dry. But no tablets or ear drops are going to help. Only revision surgery (Revision Modified Radical Mastoidectomy) is likely to solve your problem.
Answered: Sun, 20 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor