Suggest treatment for foul odor in the ear while having ear infection

Posted on Wed, 23 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: How do I treat a smelly ear while treating a ear infection?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs examination or ear canal by otolaryngologist

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Smelly ear is common in ear infections, its the discharge likely that is causing the smell. Apart from it, normal wax deposition may also cause foul smell. Another possibility of cholesteatoma needs to be ruled out which is common in middle ear infections. Continue the antibiotics and wait and observe and revisit your otolaryngologist, they will assess and examine the ear and then proceed accordingly and see if there is any thing they can do to remedy the underlying cause.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan