Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Child with urine infection, found many puss cells. What is the best treatment?

hi sir my child is 4 years old he have urinal problem each 3-4 months urine infection happening when i am testing urine puss cells found so many doctors see and they told me its not a big problem when child will grow it be automatically reduced this problem some doctors said it is dangerous so please help me and give me which type of treatment required.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Jayachandra,

It is common for growing children to have recurrent urine infection. It is treated symptomatically.

You should encourage your son to drink plenty of water and pass urine regularly.

UTI is not a serious infection unless it is ascending into the kidney and causing other problems. To rule out this, get an ultrasound of the KUB region along with an X-ray of the KUB region. If it is normal, there is so need to worry.

He can also drink cranberry juice regularly.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Sun, 8 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor