Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Child with swollen forehead, stomach cramping, fever. What is the cure?

Hi, I have a 6 yr. old with swollen forehead , headache , stombach cramping, with a current fever of 100 F; although the fever seems to be flunctuating higher and lower than 100 F since noon. His stombach pain and discomfort began at school this morning and was sent home at noon. It is now 4:30pm. He is very upset and crying with bursts of quiet. I gave him 12.5 ml of children s advil at 1:00pm and seems to have worn off with the fever climbing again. After giving the advil, a half hour later he was feeling good again and had peanut butter toast with herb tea. A hour after that he was complaining of a sour milk taste in his mouth ( having no milk since 8 a.m. and needing to spit this whitish foam out of his mouth for another hour. He is now currently sleeping, exhausted.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
your child has fever with abdominal complaints, probably he has enteric fever..
see your pediatrician for the investigation and treatment..
he need to undergo complete blood count, widal test, urine examination and stool examination..
and he need to put on antibiotics, cephalosporins, probiotics, and antispasmodics..
give lot of fluids..
all the very best.
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor