Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child with swollen eye due to injury. Need to get checked?

Yesterday my 2 1/2 year old had a bike vs pedestrian accident with his older cousin and was hit in the eye. It was just a big lump and bruise with slight eye lid swelling but today when he woke up it is his whole eye lid as well as the bruiseing. Like the lump moved to all over his eye is this normal or should I take him in and get checked out.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your quiry at HCM
yes of course you should get her checked by an ophthalmologist, eye specialist , the swelling is a part of injury and there some subcutaneous blood collection , may be having pressure affects on eye ball , so do consult the doctor

i will be available for your help
wishing you a speedy recovery
take care
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor