Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Child with severe ADHD, has under developed frontal lobes filled with water. What can be done to improve the condition?

I have a nephew who is 9 and has been diagonosed with underdeveloped frontal lobes. Water has taken the place of some of the area where the frontal lobe should occupy. He has also been diagnosed with severe ADHD and both his parents are Bi-polar. Is there anything that can be done to help this condition or even reverse it?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Dear Cap4golf0225,

This is a "static" injury to the brain and nothing can be done to reverse it. However, its effects can be somewhat mitigated by attention to his hygiene, special education, physiotherapy and occupational therapy in addition to professional development-based counselling. His medications need to be assessed periodically so that side-effects caused by them do not interfere with his learning and adapting to the environment.
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor