Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child with seizure. Brain ECG showing disturbance. Valparin suggested. Curable?

my daughter is six and half years old. she had a seizure recently, yesterday the took the eeg of the brain and said there is lot of disturbance in the left brain. and suggested to use valparin 200. how long it should be used and is it curable i am very much worried. she is a girl child and she should get married. she should carry. will there be any problems in future
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Normally we give these seizure medication for a period of at least 2 years. Then we try to stop them and see. If there is a seizure recurrence we then continue the medication.

Please do not worry. Only thing required is you should give the medications carefully without interrupting them.

If you forget to give the medication then there could be seizure recurrence and problems.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor