Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Child with pupil dilation failure. Will there be any vision problems in future?

A friend s infant granddaughter (born in May) has SMALL PUPILS and very little eye tracking when she held her recently. The older brother had an issue with his skull plates fusing so we are wondering: WHAT would be the cause of this failure for the pupils to dialate normally and secondly, is the baby actually having VISION problems because she is not smiling or reacting to an adult s movements.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
as you mentioned baby might be having microphthalmia, and as she is not responsding to the adult definately her vision is less.
you should visit an ophthalmologists and get complete check up done to rule out any organic disease like cataract, and start treatment early ifrequired
as i am a pediatric ophthalmologists your future queries are always invited
take care
Answered: Thu, 22 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor