Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Child with pain in the eye due to clogged tear duct. Had nose b;eed while having flu. Opinion?

My son has had a problem with his right eye since December when he had the flu. His right eye will hurt, especially when in bright sunlight or a bright room and then it will water. His pediatrician said it might be a tear duct that is clogged. He has had numerous sinus infections this year, one right after the other also. He is not sick right now but his eye is bothering him. A few nights ago, he had a nose bleed on the right nostril. It was bad enough that it was dripping out and stained the floor. I thought it might be connected since he's not had a nose bleed like that ever. He is 12.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Nose bleed could be because of various problems in children. It could be because of nose picking which is the most common cause in children.

It is important to check blood pressure in a child with nose bleed.

Please get his nose examination done by a ENT specialist to arrive at a diagnosis.

I feel that his eye should be examined by a opthalmologist as he is having photophobia and watering.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor