Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from rashes due to loose motions, feeling uncomfortable. What to do?

Hi, can anyone help me my 10 month baby is suffering from severe rashes due to loose motions. She is feeling very uncomfortable. Had been to doctor in the evening and got medicines for her loose motions but at that time she did not have much of rashes now its late night and I m not able to reach my doctor can anybody tell me as to what can be done. She cries out loud when she passes urine .
Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

First thing one should do in such scenario is leave the area dry.

do not keep any diapers so that moisture does not remain there.

If usage of diapers is inevitable please change it frequently. Do not clean the are by rubbing with a cloth. you may just keep the baby under tap water instead. Do not use excessive soap. Petroleum jelly etc may help

Some times antibiotics and antifungals may be prescribed by your doctor if the symptoms persist.

Hope this helps.
Take care
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor