Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from Nephrotic syndrome with frequent relapses, prescribed prednisolone with decari. Up-to what age will she suffer with this?

My daughter is 3 years old and is suffering with Nephrotic syndrome with frequest relapses. Now our doctor have prescribed us to prednisolone with decaris (Levemisole tharaphy). Just want to enquire about age till which she could suffer this problem. Cause a doctor told us that this problem will be upto age 12. Please let me know if any other good thrapahy is available. Thanks Kamal
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Yes some times these relapses may persist late into childhood. Nobody can pin point and tell upto what age a child may have relapses.

Your doctor rightly started on levamisole therapy.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 16 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor