Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Child started bleeding after getting upset and angry during argument. Should be concerned about BP? No history of nosebleeds

My 12 year old got very upset and angry during an argument and started bleeding from his nose profusedly. Should I be concerned about blood pressure or any other problems? He s never had a history of nosebleeds and is a healthy normal weight child. He wasn t even excercising at the moment that it happened just angry and upset. Very concerned mom, Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  309
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

You should rule out hypertension in this child. Get a blood pressure checked up.

It is better to get a local examination of the nose to rule out any problem there. Basic investigations including a platelet count are routinely done.

So I request you to go to the ENT doctor to get all these done.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor