Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Child shows persistent swelling on eye brow, eye lid post fall. Treatment required?

Son is 4 years old tripped and landed on one of the giant toys in the evening on the play mat he had instant bruising on his cheek bone and his eye lid swelled up as well as his left eye brow. I iced it he was talking and watching telly had a snack and couple hours went to bed. His eye brow is still abit swollen as well as his eye lid but not as bad as a few hours ago. He s not complaining of dizziness or is experiencing slurred speech, however the brow and eyelid have not bruised but still feel as if the tissue is squisy and sore should I take him to the hospital today? It s been about 6 hours since he bumped his head
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
If he is still happy and alert you need not take him in. The soft tissue swelling will go away in a few days.
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor