How can earache with pinkish fluid discharge be treated post perforated ear drums?
there is no swelling or increased tenderness to palpation of the outer ear or behind the ear. no fever. no vomiting. pain is localized to the right inner ear with radiation along the zygomatic bone and the angle of the mandible.
pain began to decrease about 1 hour after taking the ibuprofen
Tympanic membrane traumatic perforation
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Any traumatic perforation of the ear drum heals by itself in 3 to 4 weeks but ear must be kept dry. Avoid any ear pressure like inflating mouth and pushing air into the ears and any nasal infection. This can delay healing.
If clear fluid has increased, take an antibiotic like cefixime 200 twice daily for 5 days.
Avoid putting any ear drops or any ear plugs.
Take medicine in case you have any nasal or throat infection.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Jaw hurts wake up with earache in left ear
- How to stop earache and sore throat
- Hear heartbeat in ear and earache
- Earache and blood coming out of ear
- Auro earache relief ear drops
- Headache earache and bump above ear
- How to soothe an earache
- Earache post head injury
- Earache with pink fluid
- How can an earache in an infant be treated
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?