Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Child having prickly rash on bottom of feet. What is it and how to cure?

Hi, my grandson has broken out with a prickly rash on the bottom of his feet and it hurts to walk. He is seven years old. This happened to my own son, which this happened about 10 or 15 years ago when he was 8 or 9. My son is the uncle to my grandson that is broke out now with it. I can t remember the name of disease or problem but the Dr. then said it was rare. It had a very unusual name for the problem.
Mon, 28 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems that your grand son may be having pompholyx.

It is a type of eczema characterised by vesicular eruptions on the sole and palm.

There may be itching and pain.

As it is on soles,it is called pedopompholyx.

Exact cause is not known.

There may be triggering factors like chemicals like perfume,local drug like neomycin,stress, fungal infection,metals like nickle or cobalt..etc

It may be aggravated by solvent,water and detergent.

Soak or compresses by vinegar in water solution may improve the condition. It may be done 4 times a day.

Local application of steroid or antifungal cream may be done.

Oral antihistaminics and steroid in tappering dose may be given.

I think your grand son may be alright, still you consult dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor