Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Child having phimosis, prescribed HH sone ointment which is a carticosteroid. Is long term use safe?

Hello Doctor, My son is 5 yr 6 month old. He has phimosis . but does not have any problem in urination . I have consulted my pediatrician and he advised me to apply HH Sone ointment for 6 months on the foreskin of my son every day after bath. i need to apply this cream and have to do a mild massage on his foreskin. also doctor said 90% of this type of cases in Kids will get crued within say 5 to 6 months of applying HH sone and no need for circumcision . just in case if not then we need to go for circumcision. I read in internet that HH Sone is a carticosteriod. My worry is , is there any side effect of this cream (HH sone) to my son over a long run, if i apply it for a long period of 6 months. OR shall i get him circumcised now itself..? please advice.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  459
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Instead of using a steroid ointment, you can use coconut oil to massage in the area. Please do not worry, in most of the cases it subsides without any treatment. In case it is persistent, you can get him circumcised after he is 11 years old.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 8 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor