Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Child having Kidney problem, ultrasound done for kidney size, getting pain and puss comes through urine

Sir, My child is having Kidney problem, since 15th of her born, she is now 5 yrs old and in Ultrasound report thr Right Kidney is size-- 41x17mm and Left Kidney is size--- 75x32mm. at every 10month she got pain on the ringht side and pash is coming through urine . kindly suggest, I am having all the reports regarding this
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
My first concern is if you have consulted a urologist? Your child is most likely to be suffering from vesicoureteric reflux where urine from bladder reflux back into the kidney. It can be confirmed by doing a x-ray examination called voiding cystourethrogram. Her right kidney is small and it needs to be evaluated for function. I don't know if she is taking antibiotics regularly but since she is already 5 yes old and still having infection she will need surgery for correction of abnormality.
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor