Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Child have swelling in forehead. Is there any way to get rid of the swelling?

Hi, my 5 year old daughter fell over and bumped her forehead in the nursery 3 years ago. She had bruises and swelling. She didnt have any serious symptoms and bruises disappeared shortly. She has been doing well and her development has been normal. It is only the swelling has not disappeared. It is painless and she does not complain. Is there any way to get rid of this swelling?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for placing your query with Health Care Magic
The swelling seems have been a hematoma (collection of blood). It takes a while to absorb. But never three years. It may have got calcified and hence the swelling is persistent. If that is the case then it can be removed. But remember that for removing the hematoma, the surgeon will have to a give an incision and that will leave a scar. Although with modern fine sutures, it will be a very thin barely noticeable line, but there will a scar. You should consult a pediatric surgeon or plastic surgeon for the same. Alternatively, you can give the swelling some more time. It may regress further. But is important to consult a surgeon to get a definite diagnosis. So that we are not missing anything.
Hope that helped
God bless you
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor