Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child has circular indentation on forehead since years. Abnormal fusion?

My 9 year old son has a small, circular indentation on the side of his forehead near the temple. It is about 1/4 cm in diameter and about 1 millimeter deep. The skin appears normal, and there are no known symptoms. The skull seems firm and normal, as is usual. The first time I noticed it was when he was a toddler, maybe about 4 years old. I cannot say with accuracy, however, exactly how long it has been there. It seems to be longstanding and unchanging, but has my curiosity. There are no known injuries to this area. What could this be, an abnormal fusion?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  271
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
it could be dermoid cyst, which occurs at the area of the fusion of embryonic processes, observe it, if increases rapidly in size, or becomes painful, u have to consult surgeon for child.
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor