Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Child has allergic rhinitis. Have runny nose, fluid behind ear drum. Till what age can medicines be avoided?

my 4 year old son have allergic rinihitis ige test done 1 year back found highly allergic valur having 600, he s having runny nose , fluid behind ear drum now fluid has gone but runny nose persists he has been given xyzal regulat now doctor gave montel lc kid and also wrote flutiflo which we not gave as they steroids i want to ask when we leave medecine he gets sick again so do we have to give medicines regular till what age he can fight without medecine
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Please do not panic.
The medications prescribed by your doctor are absolutely fine and warranted in this illness.
Please do continue these medications to prevent recurrences and futher damage to your child's ears.
Please use the medications right now because the allergic condition of your child needs long term medications.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Himanshi Kashyap's  Response
Allergic Rhinitis is a condition which is hereditary or environmental .So whenevr your son gets exposed to allergens like dust,pollen ,animal danders he will get the symtoms of rhinitis.The goal of tretment is get the inflammmation down and steroids work wonders in this.So steroids if given in right way under the guidance of the docter will prevent him from other attacks and also relieve him of the symptoms.So i would suggest that you should follow what the docter tells.His symptoms might become better as he grows i.e he might outgrow this problem with improve in immunity however if it is hereditary then only way out is controlling him of the symtoms.
Take Care.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor