Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Child got black bruise on ribcage. Not hurting, bruise changing its colour and is lumpy. Should I be concerned?

My 3 year old suddenly got a quarter size black bruise on her ribcage 5 days ago with what feels like a lump underneath. She is very dramatic and cries about every little thing but she never even mentioned falling or getting hit with anything. It doesn t hurt when I touch it and we really can t get a staight answer form her as to how it happened. I don t think she knows. It is five days later and the bruise seems to be changing color but it still very lumpy. Do I need to be concerned/take her to the doctor to have it checked out??
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Use ice packs locally to the affected area thrice daily for 2 to 3 days. There is no hurry to take the child to hospital now. If the bruit or the lumpy feeling does not subside even after 3 days, you may take her to the pediatrician.

Hope this helps.

Wish your child a speedy recovery.

Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor