Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Child birth through C-Section, high BP. Taking stamlobeta. What lifestyle and diet changes will help reduce BP?

hello doctor,i am 27 year old female...delivered baby 6 months back through C-section....i am hypertensive since my 8th month of pregnancy.....i am taking stamlobeta(once a day) since 5 there any remedy to get rid off my BP tab .......what life style changes shud i adopt? whenever i skip my BP tab for 3-4 days,its shoots up again to 150/90.....dont know wat to yoga beneficial for BP patients? also wanted to know about diet changes....
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hypertension is a very common disease and nothing to worry about if it is kept under control. Since you developed it during pregnancy there is a very remote chance that you may become normal again. Any form of exercise as well as yoga are beneficial for BP since they cause reduction of weight, which contributes to BP reduction. As for lifestyle changes, try to make morning walk a part of your routine and some other forms of exercise like swimming or jogging would be great. Salt restriction is the most essential part of diet measures for BP reduction. Also try to avoid excess fried foods and red meat. Fish has shown some benefit in hypertensives.
Hope you get well
Answered: Mon, 9 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor