Chest pain when swallowing, chest pressure. What could it be?

My husband is having pain in the right side of his chest when he swallows. It started suddenly yesterday, only hurting when he drank. Throughout the day it is getting worse, hurting when swallowing food now. It feels like a pressure that pinches ...he is also aware of the chest pressure when he is not eating or drinking...but the pain comes when he swallows. He is describing it as a Blockage . He is a 27 year old, healthy man. What could it be? Should we be concerned?
Thu, 26 Sep 2013