Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Can you tell me some exercise which is helpful in arthritis ?

hi doc, my mom got to know that she is suffering from facet arthrosis today. i would like to know whether this is going to stick for ever or will it reduce a bit or reduce complitly in a while. And i would be glade if you can give some tips or exercises that can help her come out of her pain. thank you, vicky.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response


Treatment is with painkillers and facet joints injections.In severe cases spinal fusion is recommended.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Your mother is suffering from a chronic slowly progressive disease of joints. She needs life long pain killers for relief. Hot fomentation of the affected joints will help her. The exercises will best be explained by a physiotherapist according to the joints that are involved.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor