Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Can i take GLYCIPHAGE 500mg for PCOD as i have thyroid problem ?

hi i am 23 yrs old, i have thyroid problem and recently my doc has dicovered PCOD after observing my USG. She suggested me GLYCIPHAGE 500mg. is this medicine suitable for me? and will i be able to recover fully frm this disease ?and will my menses become normal?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Karuna,thanks for query.Answer to all of your questions is yes.pcod needs treatment and glyciphage is the drug.After control of this you have a bright changes of becoming pregnant.Make sure your thyroid remains under good control with medicines.bye.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor