Can chronic liver disease be cured?

I am infected with Cronic Hepatitis C infection and consult a Dr, and starting medicine for Hepatitis C and also took preventive vaccine for Hepatitis A and B, i got this disease through a operation coneted in 1987 that time blood transfuction is taken. I took Liver test Ultrasound scan and endoscope. Endoscope shows atrial gastritis, and Ultrasound scan shows Early CLD. Please let me know will i be cure from this issues after treatment. for Liver cause any side effects.
Fri, 30 Aug 2019

There is no permanent cure for hepatitis C once chronic liver disease started.

The only treatment option include anti viral medication and liver transplantation.

You need to regularly get checked your sgpt, sgot, serum albumin, and serum total protein estimation to check severity of the disease.

If your liver enzymes elevated with a high viral load than antiviral medication should be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician