Can chemo taken for curing lymphoma cause severe end stage liver failure ?

I am very upset. My brother had limphoma for which he received radiation, to cure. He also tested positive for 5% bone cancer. He was given 4 treatments of chemo and on the 4th he showed signs of liver failure. A TIP was placed and now his cancer dr tells him that there is nothing more that can be done as he has end stage live failure. He has never been a drinker and had no liver problems before chemo. He is still living but it appears that his dr just ended his life, very soon, with chemo. Is it because the chemo was too strong or what?
Thu, 29 Aug 2019