Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Can anyone go through angiography with kidney infection ?

Gud evening doctor my father age is 51 years . He is having glucose 120.1mg, Urea nitrogen 42.2mg, Creatinine 3.5mg, Sodium 130.6 mg, Chloride 89.8mg, Calcium 8.3mg, and Uric acid 9.0mg. According to the doctors he cant go through angiography due to kidney infection as they r saying, because of which they are in doubts that he might be having blokeage also in heart . He is right now taking medicine prescribed by the doctors of Jaslok hospital, Mumbai. I m not satisfied with them so, could you please let me know the dieses with which he is suffering and wht further step should i take further...
Asked On : Fri, 14 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM
His reports suggests only renal impairment and his uric acidis on higher side and
sodium on lower side cangive hint about abnormal kidney functions.But there are
many causes like HBP,DM.Chronic pylo-nephritis,ObstRuctive diseases of kidney etc.
By this reports no body can stamp the DIAGNOSIS. tHANKS
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

Your doctors are correct. He is better off without the angiogram. U missed potassium which was important.
Continue with the treatment given by the doctors. If u r not happy then please take a second opinion

have a healthy living
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor