Can a pinched nerve in the back cause numbness in the toes?

I complained about numbness in my feet beginning in the smaller toes and moving to the big toe. I was diagnosed with a pinched nerve in my lower back. I had a series of injections in Nov of 2016. After the injections, the was no change. Because I did not want to consider surgery, I am not under the care of a doctor. However, I am still having the numbness to the point that I have to be particular about which shoes I can wear. It only improves when I rest my back with my feet up.
Sun, 22 Apr 2018

What I can neer from your complaints is that you are suffering from a pinched nerve root in the back with radiculopathy.

If you have not got an MRI scan done then I would suggest you to get one, as it will show the amount of nerve pinched in the back.

Till then, I would suggest you to undergo physiotherapy and stretching excercises. I would also suggest you to take gabapentin tablets after consulting your physician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Santosh S Jeevannavar